Red Noses!

Red Noses!
7/23/09-7/26/09

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gearing Up

I think I have written at least 10 e-mails today just about Red Noses (the play, not the foamy clown accessories). I am spending all my free time reading reading reading about Anne Bogart's Viewpoints as a refresher, and "The Great Mortality" - a book about the Black Death in Europe (an incredibly easy read and full to bursting with all the gory details). Our first read through is on Wednesday night, and I can't wait!
I feel absolutely blessed that the magnificent Kristen Loughry is a part of the NEYT team this summer. She is a student at Ithica College, originally from MA, and she is taking on the thankless task of Stage Manager for our production. (I just wanted to make sure she was acknowledged at least once during this process.) I am excited that she is approaching this task so professionally using equity rules as a guide, and really being on top of all the minutia that a Stage Manager has to deal with.
As I sit at my desk I am surrounded with piiles of research, images, and copies of this script. Can I dig my way out by opening? Yes! I am optimistic and excited and not drowning yet. This play is full of complex issues and challenges for a relatively green director (6 years of off and on experience), but I feel over prepared and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment